Wound Healing Center
The Jennie Stuart Wound Healing Center offers you access to state-of-the-art outpatient clinical wound care, including hyperbaric oxygen therapy. We specialize in advanced wound care, using a variety of clinical treatments, therapies and support services to treat chronic wounds. Our physician-driven, individualized approach to outpatient wound care has a superior success rate in facilitating the healing process.
Our center is staffed with a team of specially trained providers, nurses and therapists all dedicated to healing chronic wounds. The causes of wounds can be complex and difficult to heal, and the team at the Wound Healing Center has the training and experience to handle your particular situation.
Some common indications for wound healing therapy include:
- Diabetic ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- Arterial Ulcers
- Venous Stasis Ulcers
- Non-Healing Surgical Wounds, including Compromised Skin Grafts and Flaps
- Complex Soft Tissue Wounds
- Soft Tissue Infections
- Trauma Wounds/Accident Injuries
- Other chronic, non-healing wounds
With our caring staff and specialized treatment plans developed especially for you, the staff at the Jennie Stuart Wound Healing Center will get you back on your feet again.
Most of our treatments are covered by Medicare/Medicaid, HMOs, and other private insurance plans. We are experts at caring for people whose wounds have resisted traditional treatments.
When to seek treatment for your wound?
You may want to seek treatment at the Wound Healing Center if:
- You’ve had a wound that hasn’t healed within 30 days.
- You have a surgical wound that has become infected.
- You have a sore or wound with increasing pain, redness or swelling, foul odor, or a noticeable change in color.
- Pus or cloudy fluid draining from the wound.
- Fever or chills.
- Wound is getting larger.
- Wound has blisters, or turns black or brown.
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
The Jennie Stuart Wound Healing Center features hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBO) which helps oxygen-dependent, wound-healing mechanisms in the body function more efficiently. While enclosed in a chamber at greater-than-normal atmospheric pressure, patients breathe pure oxygen, saturating their blood plasma and allowing it to carry from 15 to 20 times the normal amount of healing oxygen to the body’s tissues. While many wound patients won’t require HBO treatments, this state-of-the-art treatment helps heal many serious wounds.
Center of Distinction
The Wound Healing Center at Jennie Stuart Health has been recognized for excellence in wound healing. The Center was awarded this prestigious honor by Healogics, Inc., the nation's largest provider of advanced wound care services.
The Jennie Stuart Wound Healing Center was recently recognized with the
Robert A. Warriner Center of Excellence Award for 2017
Criteria for the award include:
- Must be conducting the Medical Surveillance Review process per policy
- Operational for a minimum of 24 months
- Eligible centers: Wound Care Only, HBO Only or Wound Care/HBO programs
- Excel in Key Performance Indicators (rolled up average of each month for each of the last 2 calendar years = 2 results)
- Patient Satisfaction - Greater than or equal to 92%
- Healing Rate - Greater than or equal to 91%
- Outlier Rate - Less than or equal to 19%
- Median Days to Heal - Less than or equal to 30
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call
WOUND HEALING PHYSICIANS
Misty Cook, APRN
Mollie Pitura, APRN